Cognitive Rehab (including therapy apps)
Therapy…Therapy… and Only Therapy
Presented by Elizabeth Peterson M.A., CCC-SLP
(This course is offered for .6 ASHA CEUs, Intermediate level, Professional area)
Boston Dedham: April 24, 2014 $199.00
If you could use some new ideas, then this fun and active seminar is perfect for you. This program presents over 100 functional interventions, strategies and adult appropriate therapy apps for patients needing language and cognitive re-training in the areas of stroke, brain injury, dementia and other neurologically impaired adults.
Functional cognitive therapy is more purposeful!
- Patients, family and team members will see the validity in your program choices.
- Learn how team members can work together through “functional themes” when co-treating is not allowed.
- It can be difficult finding purposeful activities for older patients who don’t have hobbies or household responsibilities. This course is the solution for this problem.
Multiple strategies will be presented that can be customized for every patient’s plan. If you work with impacted patients or patients with higher executive functioning skills, this course will position you to work with them and their family more effectively.
Elizabeth Peterson is the author of Functional Learning in the Home and Community
(1997, 2003, 2014) and F.A.S.T. Functional Adult Screening Tool
(2005). Ms. Peterson has spent her career working with brain injury, stroke and neurologically impaired adults and has experienced great success with her approach.
This is a high energy course that will inspire new programming regardless of years of experience.
- Small demonstration of adult appropriate therapy apps.
- Building cooperative programming across disciplines using “functional themes”.
- Functional screening techniques that determine how much support a client needs to follow through on goal-directed tasks
- Therapy planning where you will create and take nearly 100 activities and strategies for basic skill and higher level clients including clients with limited hobbies, household or life responsibilities.
Intended for: Speech-Language Pathologists and Occupational Therapists
Financial Disclosure Statement:
- List several evidenced-based, functional, impacted and higher level activities
- Define 100 or more strategies or therapy applications.
- List several apps to improve speech, language, swallowing and cognition.
- Apply techniques for facilitating insight and awareness into deficits.
Elizabeth Peterson receives compensation for her presentation and it also the owner of Speech and Voice Enterprises. She has books available for purchase and receives royalties fro the sales. Non-Financial Disclosure Statement:
She has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
What colleagues are saying…
“I have been a therapist for over 30 years and this is the best intervention program I have been to in my career.”
“The information was awesome, user-friendly, practical and extremely functional.”
“Relevant and timely topic that was well prepared. Ms. Peterson understands the demands of our changing field.”
“I was afraid of technology. The i-Pad is ground breaking for direct therapy or a home program. I’m so excited about all of the amazing options.”