ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW OPEN
Please arrive by 8:00 am to register on-site.
This event will present information important to CSD students in their second year of graduate school preparing to enter into the work force. Presentations and activities will cover topics including obtaining a CF, interviewing, certification and licensure, as well as professionalism and advocacy. The goal of this event is to have participants leave feeling prepared to initiate their clinical fellowship.
- Understand the process and requirements for obtaining ASHA CCC, State Licensure, and DOE teacher certification (DESE);
- Understand implications of states that do not provide provisional licensure on billing as a CF.
- Understand the process for obtaining Clinical Fellowship including job search, interviewing and hiring process.
- Understand basic concepts for advocacy as they pertain to the field of speech-language pathology.
MSHA Student Members: Free
Lisa Moran, M.S., CCC-SLP
Financial: Lisa receives a salary for employment at the MGH Institute of Health Professions.
Non-financial: Lisa is the Government Affairs Committee Lead for the Massachusetts Speech Language Hearing Association.
Meredith Finnie, M.S., CCC-SLP
Financial: Meredith receives a salary for employment as a speech pathologist/Regional director with EBS Healthcare.
Non-financial: Meredith serves as Vice President of Advocacy for the Massachusetts Speech Language Hearing Association. She speaks to and teaches groups for MSHA.
MGH Institute of Health Professions is located at:
36 1st Ave
Boston, MA 02129
For directions, click the map below:
For more information on commuting to MGH Institute of Health Professions click here.
- The Nautica Garage - 88 Constitution Rd Boston, MA 02129
- Constitution Center Lot - 1 Constitution Rd Charlestown, MA 02129
- Building 199 in the Navy Yard.
Dress is business casual for this event.
Lunch is on your own. There are several options in the surrounding area. A list of restaurants in the area will be available onsite.
Special thanks to our host, MGH Institute of Health Professions
Interested in sponsoring this event? We are very excited to be presenting this six hour event free of charge to our student members. Please consider partnering with us for this worthwhile experience. If you have any questions, contact our office at 781-647-7031 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.