Become a Member
As audiologists and speech-language pathologists we face many challenges in our careers that seem insurmountable as individuals, but become manageable as a group. By becoming a member of MSHA, you are joining with your peers to address these issues and create effective solutions. It is through the collective power of our membership voice that we are able to fulfill our mission. MSHA is the only organization in the state that is dedicated to advocacy on your behalf. MSHA continually works for all audiologists and speech-language pathologists in the state. With YOUR help, MSHA can continue to grow, implement new services, and support our profession.
Benefits of membership:
- The only group advocating for you at the state level.
- A cost-effective way of obtaining CEUs. Local educational programs provide you with the necessary updates within commuting distance of your home. This means less time away from the office and home.
- Receive discounts on job postings, educational events and e-mail blasts to MSHA membership.
- Access to the Members Only section of the web page which allows you to search the newsletter archives, member directory and to participate in elections.
- Insurance benefits are available to our members. We offer access to a variety of health and dental plans which include the most popular insurance carriers in the state.
- If you are in private-practice, you may list your company/services in the MSHA web-based Public Referral Directory for a small fee.
- Active: Doctorate or Master's degree or Equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, Speech & Hearing Science, or related field. Active members may vote on MSHA business.
- Assistant: SLP/Audiology Assistants working in the fields of Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology. SLP/Audiology Assistant members have no voting status.
- Student: Those majoring or minoring in Speech-Language Pathology and/or Audiology in the state of Massachusetts. Student members do not have voting status. Student members must obtain the signature of their Academic department head to join MSHA. Required to identify their graduation date (month/year) date. If you are a student member for 2 years you receive a $20 discount on your first full active level membership (during your Clinical Felowship experience).
- Life: Current member of MSHA for 35 years or more consecutive years approved by the EC at the following months meeting. If you were an active member of another state association those years may be considered. If you are interested in Life Membership, please contact our office at 781-647-7031 or by emailing us at email@example.com.